” That evening they brought to him many who were oppressed by demons, and he cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick. This was to fulfill what was spoken by the prophet Isaiah: “He took our illnesses and bore our diseases.” (Matthew 8:14-17)
” And Jesus went throughout all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion for them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.” (Matthew 9:35-36)
From the portion of the Scriptures above, we learn three things about Jesus.
1. Jesus is full of mercy and has compassion for the under privileged and the sick.
2. Jesus has power to heal the sick and defeat the devil.
3. Jesus manifests His love and mercy and heals the sick.
His love, mercy and mightiness never change. Indeed we are thankful to God for all the breakthrough in medical research, which has saved so many human lives, but that does not mean Jesus has stopped performing miracles similar to what He did during His time on earth.
Pray for those who are facing problems beyond their own capability to solve, those who are being overwhelmed by demonic forces, those who are sick and physically weak, that they be set free of such bondage and receive healing from Jesus. Let’s thank Him for His grace and mercy, and His name be praised forever!
- Great Is HIS Steadfast Love
- What Is Goodness?
- Christian Salvation - Keep Yourselves In The Love Of God
- Not To Be Complacent
- Unpacking God's Love
- The Kingdom Prayer
- The Growth Of The Word Of God In Us
- God Sending His Word And His Spirit To Us
- Doing Charitable Deeds, Praying, And Fasting
- Being Called, Chosen And Faithful